Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Busy elsewhere...

Well, life is full of surprises. I'm sorry I've been AWOL, if anyone has missed me. I've been kind of busy.

About a month ago, I met someone again I once knew very vaguely about six or seven years ago and haven't seen since. Since we met again, we've been seeing each other often, and seriously. So it's kind of taken over most of my free time and the blog has fallen into disrepair.

Things are still fine, foodwise. I saw a low of around 145, although at the moment I'm up a bit because of a couple of carb lapses and time of the month stuff. Nothing to worry about, and I'm still determined to reach goal this year.

It was actually my birthday yesterday (I turned 34) and so I took some time to look back in my journal to see where I was weightwise a year ago. I wasn't really fully in control, I didn't want to get on the scale, I was somewhere around 163 or 164 and not happy about it. So a year on, being under 150 is a significant achievement. Happy with that.

Happy with a lot of things. This guy is seriously good news. Watch this space, because this could be, possibly, the real thing. Of course one of the most amusing things about all this is that he is someone who can't put weight *ON*. He's tall and skinny and needs to put on about thirty pounds. Irony of ironies. I can't imagine how cooking for us jointly is going to be easy...me trying to cut calories and carbs while trying to add them to his food! Well, at least, should it come to that, it might give our kids a chance at a decent gene combination for weight!

Anyway. Things are good. I'm happy. Although actually next week the new boyfriend is unfortunately going away for an entire four weeks (trip planned before we met) and so I may have some more time to update here!

Hope all others are doing well...

No comments: