Monday, February 5, 2007

Small steps

I have to say, I don't usually spend a great deal of time contemplating my lower legs. But in the past couple of weeks as I've spotted them in mirrors every so often, I've wondered if maybe they've got a bit thinner. I am losing weight, slowly, but one tends to look at waist and hip circumference rather than ankles and calves to judge progress.

Well, this morning when I zipped up my black ankle boots, my suspicion was confirmed. Until now, they didn't quite go up all the way. The zip stopped about a centimeter away from the top. Not an issue, since they always go under trousers and you can't see. But today they zipped all the way up. Cool!

Talking of progress, weight was at 148.8 this morning. A new low. I'm really beginning to hope/believe that this time I might actually make it to goal. Not that I know exactly what goal is, since I haven't been at goal *ever* - last time I was anything close to this weight was when I was around 12 years old. There's no "I wish I looked like that/was that weight again" for me, since there was never ever a point where I had a good figure. So I'm assuming anywhere between 130 and 140 for an ultimate goalpost - I just can't tell till I get there. Now that I'm only 8.8 pounds away from 140 I can't imagine I'll be done when I get there, so it's more likely I'll keep trying to go down into the 130s. But now it actually is beginning to feel like this discussion might not just be academic; in another couple of months maybe I'll actually be at that stage.

God, I hope so. Five years is a long time to still be trying to get to goal.

No comments: